GenoSure® MG is a highly accurate and sensitive genotypic HIV drug resistance test developed through the collaborative efforts of LabCorp and Monogram. The test can be performed on patient samples with viral loads as low as 500 copies/mL, and results are determined using Monogram’s proprietary database of more than 100,000 matched HIV phenotype and genotype samples.
The GenoSure MG report form includes drug resistance information for the currently approved nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs), nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs), and protease inhibitors (PIs). Click here to view a sample report.
Features of GenoSure MG
- Evaluates the HIV-1 polymerase (pol) region, including the complete protease coding region and amino acids 1-400 of reverse transcriptase.
- Provides an assessment of drug susceptibility: sensitive, resistance possible, or resistant.
- Appropriate for the evaluation of patient specimens with HIV-1 viral loads of ≥ 500 copies/mL.
- Results are returned in approximately 7-10 days.
- Uses Monogram’s proprietary HIV-1 genotype algorithm, which is based on a database of more than 100,000 matched HIV-1 genotype-phenotype results.
*If the assay fails on the initial attempt, HIV-1 RNA quantitation will be performed. If the result is < 500 copies/mL, the viral load will be reported and the client will be billed.